The Benefit Specialist position answers inbound phone calls from potential members who want to request information and ask basic questions about our health care benefits. We use benefit specialists from October into December, which is our heaviest enrollment period for the year. We will provide comprehensive training, which will begin in late September.
Specialists will also make recommendations for customers to attend a public seminar and set appointments for a licensed health care representative to deliver information to a customer’s home.
The ideal candidate should have:
• Excellent communication skills suited to the senior population.
• Qualified candidates should also be comfortable answering questions on the phone while describing the benefits of our health plan.
• Benefit Specialists will be required to enter basic information into a database while speaking on the phone at the same time.
• Data entry will include names, addresses, phone numbers, as well as some brief notes recapping the conversation.
• Candidates must be comfortable with basic computer skills, navigating simple software applications and multiple windows.
• We are looking for motivated individuals who are kind, courteous, and respectful to both customers and co-workers.
• 2 years experience in sales, customer service, or hospitality.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers