Note: Please do not reply to this post directly. Application link below!
Do you love order and well-organized things? Do you like working on your feet and meeting new people every day? If so, read on…
CIC St. Louis is looking for a service-minded, dedicated and thorough individual to support the day-to-day operations of our commercial office spaces. Starting wage for this position is $15/hour for approximately 25+ hours per week, Monday through Friday (every day). The approximate hours will be 7:30am to roughly 12:30pm.
Founded in 1999, CIC’s mission is to improve the world by helping exceptional entrepreneurs innovate better and faster. We offer carefully curated working environments that combine private, secure offices alongside shared amenities in locations across Boston, Cambridge, Miami, Philadelphia, Providence (2019), Rotterdam, St. Louis, and Warsaw and are growing into other cities, within the US and abroad. We currently serve 1800+ startups, growth companies, and branches of larger organizations, representing for-profit, mission-driven, and non-profit sectors across a wide array of industries. The spaces are purposefully designed and built for innovation, featuring tailored workspaces such as biotech and robotics laboratories, and bring together frequent, large gatherings of the best and brightest innovators and entrepreneurs.
CIC currently has over a million square feet of space under lease and is actively pursuing campuses in additional cities globally, including Dublin, Tokyo, Bilbao, and Sydney, with plans to grow to 50 cities over the next 10 years. We pride ourselves on displaying a high degree of care and accuracy in everything that we do, and we work to ensure that our clients thrive every day that they are in our space. We believe that our ability to support world-changing entrepreneurs is only as good as the people who make up our teams, and as such we are looking for people who are interested in contributing to--and improving--the way we work.
This person will join our team at CET (20 South Sarah St), which is composed of several full-time and part-time employees. The team works together to satisfy the day-to-day needs of our clients and ensure that the physical space is functional and organized. Some work will be independent while at other times it will require collaboration with other members of the CIC staff. We are a team-based company, and you will be evaluated on your performance by other team members.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
• Upkeep of conference rooms, phone booths, copy centers, and other shared areas
• Daily restocking of assorted snacks and beverages, and maintaining kitchen space to look neat and presentable to clients and guests
• Assembling and moving furniture between offices and basic cleaning of vacant spaces, like vacuuming or dusting
• Maintaining and organizing storage inventories such as copy paper, kitchen snacks, and other daily supplies
• Changing toner and troubleshooting printers/copiers
• Hanging wall shelves and whiteboards
• Providing concierge coverage when needed and handling related front desk duties
• Assisting with setup of event spaces
• Building strong professional relationships with clients in the community
• As needed and schedule permitting, assisting the Community Team with other office tasks
• Welcome guests and provide them with a comfortable and efficient transition to their host
• Interact with guests and clients, both in person and on the phone, in a courteous manner by being pleasant and gracious even in stressful situations
• Respond to near-constant client requests and questions of every variety. For example, a client may ask "Can I get some extra furniture and have some help rearranging my office?" or "How do I send a package to Uganda?"
• Assist in processing mail & packages for clients, help oversee the condition and organization of the CIC mailroom
This position will be the first face and first impression for CIC’s many clients, guests, and vendors. It is important to be engaging, inviting, and helpful. Overall, we like to employ service-minded people who are reliable, clever, and able to work independently. More specifically, we are looking for someone who:
• Naturally enjoys helping others, is personable and who remains calm in a hectic environment
• Is detail-oriented and organized with solid time management skills
• Takes responsibility for tasks and leads them to completion
• Demonstrates a capacity to foster positive working relationships with clients, colleagues, building management and vendors
• Works comfortably with everyone, treating everyone as an equal
• Brings a fresh perspective and new ideas to everything
• Is able to communicate professionally, both verbally and in writing
ATTRACTIONS OF THE JOB
In addition to helping our clients achieve great things, we work to ensure that our employees are healthy and supported. Some of the benefits of being here include:
• Fun people in a dynamic space. We pride ourselves on finding driven and bright collaborators who are eager to lend their own unique skills to the team, as well as to our inspiring clientele. The number one reason CICers say they like working here is because of their colleagues!
• Personal growth. This is a great opportunity to learn and develop skills within the epicenter of the innovation community at a growing company
• Contributing to a growing site by honing existing practices and processes, collaborating with a team founded on strong communication and work ethic
• Access to a garden, a game room, a nursing room, and stunning open concept designs
• Access to Venture Cafe St. Louis, a weekly Thursday gathering involving high-impact programming designed to engage the broader entrepreneurial community
Starting compensation is $15.00/hour plus 401k matching after the first year of employment (must be 21+) as well as 12 unpaid holidays per year. Annual reviews with raises every year for those on track with strong performance.
CIC is committed to building teams that reflect the fabric of the cities we support. We welcome all candidates regardless of race, color, ancestry, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Any other human expressions and experiences not mentioned here are equally welcome. If you require an accommodation please let us know. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities