condition: fair cylinders: 4 cylinders drive: 4wd fuel: gas odometer: 251000 paint color: black title status: clean transmission: automatic type: other
QR Code Link to This Post
2005 Subaru Baja Sport. Black and gray two tone paint, dark gray interior with light gray leather seats up front and cloth seats in the rear. Engine, transmission and rear differential were replaced at around 225K miles with ones from a 2001 Legacy L and the original body has 252,351 miles. The car starts every time, runs strong and goes anywhere. This was my daily driver, hunting truck, utility vehicle and general go cart. It's not that pretty but this little beast has served me incredibly well the 5+ years I've been driving it (I wouldn't be selling, but I got my hands on a better one!). I've done my best to take care of it, and improve what I could. Lots of small bits replaced or improved.
It's a cool little "truck", a surprisingly capable off-roader and utility vehicle and a blast to drive, check it out!
Extra set of stock Baja wheels and (older) tires included. Set of clean, standard floor mats included. Extra seats available (free!).
• Reliable AF - seriously, out of 4 other cars in the household, this is the ONLY one that has NEVER LET ME DOWN. Starts every time, can haul an amazing amount of stuff and will go almost anywhere.
• Everything (important) works. Passed safety inspection for MO last year, and the A/C, defrosters, bed lights, fog lights, all the windows and doors. (notable exception: heated seats - needs to be wired up to the seats, but should work).
• Cylinder heads inspected and cleaned, head gaskets replaced October 2017 @ 247,662 miles. Work done by EcoTech Auto Repair in St. Louis. Front ball joints replaced at same time. Oil changes with full synthetic every ~3500 miles.
• Surprisingly comfortable with modern conveniences for a 16 year old car. The head unit is a modern double din unit that supports Bluetooth connections as well as iOS and Android. All the speakers in the car have been upgraded: the fronts with a very nice, but older, pair of Boston Acoustic 6.5 components, and the rears with a mid-grade set of no-name (could have been Pioneer, but not sure) 5.25 co-axial speakers.
• A rear view camera has been installed in the rear tail gate trim and displays on the double din display.
• Full brand new brake setup and fluid flush/replacement this year. Replaced all 4 calipers, all 4 rotors and brand new pads on all 4 wheels.
• New headlights installed last year - no discolored, faded lights.
• It's not the greatest looking.. The paint/body is a bit rough, and there's minor hail damage across the whole vehicle. From 5 feet away (squinting), it doesn't look bad, but closer examination shows it's age. Couple small rust spots on the hood but otherwise solid.
• It's not fast. This engine is still going strong, but it has been running since around 2001. For driving around town (especially if you're not afraid of your right foot) it gets by just fine, but if you've got stuff in the back and are climbing a hill on the highway.. I'd get out of the passing lane. It will get you where you're going, it just might take a while.
• The cruise control "SET" function takes a bit to trigger. Sometimes you have to hit the set switch a few times for it to engage.
• The heated seats do not work, but should with a little wiring work.
• New brake calipers, rotors and pads all 4 corners (less than 3 months old).
• Brake fluid flushed and replaced (less than 3 months old).
• Reverse Camera installed.
• New replacement headlights (around 1 year old).
• Push/Bull Bar installed. Bolted on frame, great spot for lights.
• Aftermarket B/T wired hands free head unit with view screen.
• Boston Acoustic 6.5" component speakers in front doors.
• Pioneer Coaxial speakers in rear doors.
• 1" Body Lift - spacers on the body. Doesn't change suspension geometry but improved ground clearance.
• All weather floor mats.
• Grimmspeed lightweight crankshaft pulley.
• Spark plugs and wires replaced (less than 6 months old)
• Cylinder heads cleaned, head, valve cover and manifold gaskets replaced Oct 2017.
• Body mileage: 252,351
• Engine/Transmission mileage: ~150K
• Currently sits on 16" aftermarket wheels with 225/60 R16 tires (about a year old, decent tread).
• Extra set of stock Baja wheels and tires (225/60 R16, 11/16" tread remaining).
• Leather front seats (from Subaru Forester).
• Extra stock Baja seats available for free (great for a re-upholstery project!).
You may call to setup a time to look/drive, or ask any questions. Feel free to text me and I'll try to answer any questions as quickly as possible. 314 - three two five - six won six 0
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers