An Assistant Director at Apple of Your Eye is responsible for managing the program and curriculum along with the onsite Director. Additionally, the Assistant Director may be responsible for certain business tasks as delegated by the Executive Management.
All candidates, including those who wish to be considered for the position of Assistant Director, must meet the following criteria: At least 2 years teaching experience in a licensed childcare center or preschool.
Assistant Director’s responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Plan and schedule administrative duties.
• Maintain accurate record-keeping.
• Prepare reports.
• Manage classroom scheduling/schedule faculty.
• Conduct disaster drills (eg, fire, tornado) in accordance with Apple Standards and state licensing requirements.
• Maintain compliance with Apple QA Standards.
• Maintain a school inventory (eg, snacks, supplies).
• Plan and implement a program for professional growth.
• Prepare periodic reports on the state of the School.
• Initiate and maintain a positive relationship with licensing agent/agency.
• Maintain current licensing documentation.
• Maintain licensing regulations.
• Support in managing faculty.
• Manage faculty schedule.
• Conduct faculty orientation.
• Support monthly faculty meetings.
• Develop and maintain a substitute teacher list.
• Maintain accurate faculty files.
• Assist emergency preparedness training.
• Conduct monthly classroom observations.
• Keep abreast of research and development in the field of early childhood development.
• Promote active participation at Apple.
• Actively participate in professional organizations, conferences and lectures
• Conduct classroom ratio checks
• Contribute to a developmentally appropriate curriculum within the context of the local school district.
• Plan and implement a year-round calendar.
• Schedule shared classroom and outdoor space and equipment.
• Plan and implement procedures for maintaining accurate classroom records.
• Provide faculty assistance with lesson plan preparation and theme development.
• Review lesson plan books weekly.
• Review posted lesson plans weekly.
• Review Daily Activity Reports periodically.
• Review children’s portfolios regularly.
• Ensure that each classroom has an effective management system in place.
• Plan and implement visitors/activities.
• Develop and implement a transition system.
• Implement a playground safety program.
• Conduct curriculum meetings three times per year.
• Welcome all visitors to the School.
• Answer the telephone and use the Apple telephone script.
• Develop and maintain customer relations.
• Develop and maintain community relations.
• Conduct a minimum of four community outreach programs.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers