QR Code Link to This Post
Randstad is seeking qualified talent for an exciting opportunity with our client, Bayer, at their Global Seed Processing Center as a Safety Technician.
In this role the selected candidate will be responsible for:
- Assists in the development, implementation and maintenance of programs, systems and procedures necessary to ensure the overall safety and health of employees and the community.
- Participates with senior safety personnel in monitoring and controlling the organization's safety standards in accordance with OSHA and State codes and regulations.
- Participates in evaluating new equipment and materials for safety.
- Monitors employee exposure to chemicals and other toxic substances. Assists in investigating accidents, injuries, and complaints concerning hazards or uncomfortable conditions in the work place.
- Recommends improvements in processes, design, procedures, and operating equipment, to minimize the hazardous potential.
- Conducts employee training, emergency preparedness and quality assurance programs.
- Assists others in performing surveys and inspections to ensure compliance with the organization's policies, procedures, regulations and standards related to employee safety.
- Assists with testing and servicing safety equipment and systems.
- May assist with maintaining monitoring sampling and analytical equipment and instruments related to safety programs.
- Documents non-compliance or hazardous conditions found and the remedial action taken.
- May maintain storage areas, consumable supply inventories, and personnel protection equipment.
- Responds to emergency situations involving hazardous materials, radiation, or fire and smoke incidents in the facility.
- Provides regulatory interpretation and technical advice.
- Maintains working knowledge of specific requirements imposed by government agencies.
- May provide technical guidance to less experienced personnel.
Working hours: 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
The Successful Candidate will have:
- Excellent communication and computer skills, strong project management and implementation skills required, extensive work experience involving ISO 9000, 14000, or OSHAS 18000 standards.
- Bachelor's Degree in Safety or Environmental Engineering or related fields and up to 2-5 year experience; or M.S. and 1 to 3 year??s experience.
- Certifications preferred.
- Long term contract opportunity, potential for conversion
- Paying up to $28 per hour
- Position located in Hazelwood MO
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.
If interested, please apply online at https://www.randstadusa.com/jobs/search/308/S_791107/safety-technician_hazelwood?utm_source=craigslist&utm_campaign=job%20ads&utm_medium=job%20post