compensation: A fair rate shall be negotiated. employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
No Jacks Bar & Grill
We are searching for a committed, proactive Restaurant/Bar Manager who would enjoy work in an exciting, fast-paced environment. The Restaurant/Bar Manager will promote and grow the business, hire and train waitstaff, and ensure that patrons are receiving excellent drinks, food, and service. You will also manage inventory and resources, plan promotional events, ensure that quality and safety controls are followed, maintain current licenses and update vendor contracts, create schedules, and set business objectives to increase profits and maximize customer satisfaction. You should also be able to work with diverse personalities and diffuse tense situations. You will also devise and execute an advertising plan.
In order to succeed as a Restaurant/Bar Manager, you should be observant and have the ability to think critically and efficiently. You should be a skilled communicator with excellent problem solving, observation, and interpersonal skills.
Salary is negotiable. Weekends are required, but weekday schedule is flexible.
Restaurant/Bar Manager Responsibilities:
• Manage the business aspects of the bar, such as keeping a current liquor license, negotiating supplier contracts, taking inventory and reordering supplies, managing budgets, and setting goals.
• Hiring and training staff to provide excellent service to patrons.
• Creating effective schedules and quickly resolving conflicts to ensure that bar is well staffed during peak hours.
• Setting and enforcing quality and safety controls.
• Ensuring licenses are updated and in line with current legislation.
• Working with diverse personalities both on the staff and patrons.
• Planning and taking part in promotional events.
• Diffusing tense situations between patrons or staff members to prevent possible safety or legal issues, ejecting unruly persons, if needed.
• Maintaining a fun, safe atmosphere for patrons.
Restaurant/Bar Manager Requirements:
• High School Diploma.
• Restaurant or management experience or more education is generally preferred.
• Strong understanding of business management and accounting principles.
• Excellent computer, problem-solving, and customer service skills.
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong knowledge of social media platforms.
• Ability to diffuse tense situations and resolve conflicts.
• Willingness to work during peak hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Effectively delegate responsibilities and maximize resources.
• Ability to walk, stand, and occasionally carry heavy items in a fast-paced, stressful environment.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers